Astounding Magazine has been published continuously since 1930 under various titles. It started out as Astounding Stories of Super Science in 1930 under Harry Bates as the Editor and was published by Clayton Magazine. In 1933 the magazine was purchased by Street & Smith and F. Orlin Tremaine became the editor.
In 1937, John W, Campbell, a young writer and contributor to Astounding took over the job as Editor and continued in that position until 1971. During this time the name of the Magazine changed from Astounding Stories to Astounding Science Fiction and eventually became Analog Science Fact/Science Fiction.